We are Nominet members, which means that we are able to register UK domains directly with the body responsible for maintaining the register of these domain names. This means that we can offer competitive prices for .uk domain names as well as fast and efficient customer service, as we're not dealing with a reseller to manage your UK domain. .uk domain names are registered for two years at a time. Domain registrations include free email and web forwarding.
Non-UK domain names (.com, .net, .org etc.) will be registered through ICANN. You can read registrant rights and responisbilities for these domains here.
- .uk registrations and renewals: £27 per .uk domain per two years (vat not applicable), payable one month in advance of the domain expiry date.
- Other domains: We can also register all other types of domain. Please contact us for prices.
- Transfer of registrar: There are no charges made for transferring .uk domains to or from us. Charges may apply to transfers of other domains. We will advise you of these before starting the transfer.
- Other changes to domain names: (eg change of contact details, DNS, ownership). So long as the registrar does not charge us to make these changes, we will not charge you. If charges are involved, will will advise first and they will be passed on to you at cost.
- Changes to costs: If we intend to increase domain registration fees, we will always advise you of this by email at least 28 days before your domain is due to expire.
Domain Renewal Procedure:
Unless you have told us that you do not want to renew your domain, we will invoice you by email before your domain is due to expire. The initial invoice will be sent two calendar months before the domain expiry date, and will be due for payment within one calendar moth of the expiry date. If payment is not received by this date, two further invoices will be sent. One on the due date of the original invoice and a second two weeks before the domain expiry date. We will also attempt to contact you by telephone. As soon as cleared payment is received for a domain, we will renew it. If no payment is received by the domain expriy date, we will not renew it.
Unpaid domains will be suspended after 30 days and cancelled (which mean that they will become available for others to register) after 90 days. Up until the cancelation date, it will still be possible for us to renew a domain for you.
You are free to transfer your domain from us to another registrar at any time. We do not make any charge for this, but domain registration fees / website hosting fees already paid will not be refunded
Terms and Conditions:
When you register a .uk domain through us, you will be bound by Nominet's Terms and Conditions. Please read these before ordering a UK domain registration from us.
We offer a number of hosting packages, which can be tailored to suit your needs and your budget. Please contact us to discuss your requirements. Hosting packages are paid for yearly in advance. If we intend to increase the cost of your hosting package, or any other service that we are providing you with, we will notify you of our intention to do so at least 28 days before payment is due.
If you wish to raise a complaint about abuse you have received (phishing scams, spam emails etc), please contact us with as much detail about the abuse. We will investigate your complaint immediately. You can contact us by email using our contact form, or see below for other methods of contacting us.
To contact us by email, please use our contact form. You can contact us by phone between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday. Outwith these hours, you will be able to leave a message on our answering machine for our attention at the beginning of the next working day. You can email us 24/7. We will endeavor to respond to your query within the hour during our working hours, either with a solution / answer or an estimated timescale for a solution / answer to your query. Postal contact details are as below:
Realistic Web Designs,
Oisean Na Glaoidh,
Tel: (0)7434 781443
Charges for work carried out:
If any costs will be involved with work that we do for you, we will advise you of these and ask for your approval before carrying out the work.
If you are unhappy with any aspect of the service that you have received and wish to make a complaint, please get in touch via our contact form. We will acknowledge your complaint within one working day and endeavour to resolve it within five working days. If your complaint concerns a .uk domain name, and you are still unhappy with the way it has been dealt with, you may escalate the complaint by contacting Nominet, who are responsible for overseeing all .uk domain registrations. They can be contacted via this link: Nominet Complaints Procedure.
Code of practice:
- We will endeavor to always communicate with you as early as possible to convey any changes to our rates, but always within 28 days of a payment becoming due.
- We will endeavor to be as thorough as possible in telling you how much work that we do for you will cost, and if work is likely to go over an estimate that we have given you, we will contact you before this happens.
- We will not try to sell you a service that we do not believe you need.
- Any personal details that we hold for you will be kept confidential and not passed on to anyone without your permission.
- Technical issues that effect the availability of your domain, website or email will be given top priority and dealt with before any other work.
- We will deal with any complaints received thoroughly, courteously and promptly. If we are unable to reach a resolution with you we will provide you with contact details for any other organization that you may be able to take your complaint to (eg Nominet in the case of UK domain names)